“Content is a King” – You have probably heard this for a lot of times. And yes – it is. But there are a few unprecedented rules which we all need to follow. For example:
Do you know which articles perform better – those with less or more words?
What are the best amplification processes for publishing your content?
If your answers to the questions above are “No”, then this is a right article for you! (By the way, you also should read this if you want more visitors to your website) 🙂
In this article, you will learn:
- What are the best strategies for creating content
- How to write SEO friendly content
- Amplification model for publishing your content
- And other tips and tricks on how to create your content better.
Content Marketing – what it is and why it’s so important
Let’s begin with the basic definition:
Content is everything which can provide value, information or knowledge to the people.
Content isn’t only text, blog posts or articles, content is much more! By the term of content we mean on:
- Blog posts
You can create and engage with your audience in various ways and you should take advantage of all possibilities. Reason? Because you will have better Social Media and internet presence and you can optimize your content for various users and their behaviours.
In this article, we will see some of the most important laws for making content and content marketing.
So, let’s see them! 🙂
Monitor your competitors’ content and find great ideas!
It’s very unbelievable that you don’t have any established competition. You probably have some giant companies, dinosaurs and other startups in your industry.
It’s very critical that you monitor their online presence, strategies, SEO, PPC campaigns, and most important – their Social Media and Content.
Customers will usually buy products with greater value. So it’s crucial to create valuable content which will provide knowledge to people.
Your competition already knows what your customers care about and what’s important to them. What are their interests and how to catch their attention.
So, it’s pretty significant to analyse your competition very well and monitor their content publishing. It can save you a lot of time and your brain-storming about headlines and type of the content will be much faster.
Competitors App is a good tool for monitoring your competition. You can track their Social Media, Content, Website Changes, PPC campaigns, SEO and other stuff. Check it out! 🙂
Write like Mark Twain
Good style is everything. If your writing is bad, then you should work on your writing skills and improve yourself. If your potential customers saw a lack of knowledge and poor writing style, then they will not be on your website for more than a minute – maybe even less.
Try to follow the AIDA strategy for your every piece of content:
1. A – Attention – Catch your potential customers attention with explaining their problems to them, and giving them a little demo of the solution. Something like:
“We are all probably struggling with content distribution – but it doesn’t need to be too hard and impossible. In this article, you will learn the 10 Immutable laws of Content Distribution.”
2. I – Interest – Unleash their interest in your article – In a first few paragraphs let them know: What will they learn from you and what knowledge will they get.
3. D – Desire – Unleash your customers’ desire and let them think that they are part of something big and exciting.
4. A – Action – Ask them to do something at the end of the article – add some Call-to-Action button or offer them some free e-book, spreadsheor templates.
This is a good methodology for acquiring new customers with content. But, this is not everything. You need to pay attention to your writing skills too.
Grammarly and Hemingway app are good tools for improving your skills and your content readability! 🙂
Write SEO Friendly content
If you write SEO friendly content, you can expect in a few months a huge amount of organic traffic.
You will not get an overnight success, but it’s a great long-term game. Here are few tips for writing SEO friendly articles:
- Pay attention to keywords – do your keyword research
- Use your best and most important keyword in the headline and a first paragraph
- Improve the readability of your article – don’t write in big paragraphs, insert relevant pictures (with ALT description), and write an engaging and funny content
- Pay attention to the meta description
- Use h1 and h2 headlines in the article
How to distribute your content
It’s no matter how good your content is if you don’t have a good content distribution. Sometimes is worth more to write 3 articles, instead of 15.
Here is one scheme which can help you to distribute your content better:
1. Write/prepare your content
Write a blog post, record a video or create an infographic.
2. Talk with a team what are your best marketing and distributing channels.
You probably already have some channels who brought you results, but here is a list of best performing marketing channels:
– Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest)
– Communities (Facebook and LinkedIn groups, meetups,)
– Influencers (YouTube, LinkedIn, Facebook, Podcasts)
– Platforms (Reddit, Medium, Growth Hackers, Quora, etc.)
– Outreach (Newsletters or just scrape data of people whom can be interested in your product).
3. Narrow down your content
One piece of content can be used multiple times in different formats. For example:
Article: “How to drive a tremendous amount of website visitors with content marketing” can be:
1. Published on your blog (in this case RocketLink’s blog)
2. You can create videos in different formats – Long format for your blog, communities, and shorter for Instagram Stories for example.
3. From this article, you can create:
– How to’s, guides, playbooks, spreadsheets or even quizzes
4. Engage with your readers.
If you write an article about Competitive Analysis – at the bottom of the article, give them something for free (Competitive Analysis spreadsheet for example).
Make it funny: If your readers like your article, ask them to share it on their Social Media and you will send them some other resources.
Write Guest Blog posts
Guest Blog posts are good for various reasons:
– You will engage with your audience in more ways and on different channels.
– You will build great backlinks to your website which is good for your SEO
– You will share more value and knowledge.
Engage with already popular websites, write to them, or try to build a relationship with famous publishers and editors. Ask them do they need your help. If the answer is yes, then help them. Help them several times if you need, and they will provide value to you!
(Just make sure you are not helping to your competition 😉 )
Good preparation is everything.
Be armed as much information about your customers as possible. Because at the end of the day, they are your readers right? And you need to know how to catch their attention!
Sit together with your teammates and make a one-month content plan:
– How much content will you publish?
– What topics would it be?
– When do you want to publish them?
– How would you distribute your content and what are your marketing channels?
Write down a 10 – 15 headlines for each month, and schedule the time for their publishing. Think about your content distribution and prepare yourself mentally for rock’n’roll and a huge mass of your customers! 🙂
Good luck in your future battles! 🙂
You don’t write like Mark Twain or you have no content at all?
No problem! You can still use RocketLink to shorten and share any third party content online adding your own retargeting pixels to links and building your audience based on people who clicked on your link.
Check out RocketLink’s magic features at https://RocketLink.io